Makita 18V LXT Cordless Angle Grinder w/BR AWS
: Electric Brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
: AFT® turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
: AWS® for wireless power-on/off communication with dust extractor
: Variable speed control dial allows manual RPM adjustment (3,000-8,500)
: Grinding wheel, wheel guard and cut-off wheel guard (battery and charger not included)
Makita delivers corded grinding performance without the cord with the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless 4-1/2" / 5” Paddle Switch Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake and AWS® (tool only, battery and charger sold separately). It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita’s exclusive Automatic Speed Change™ technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. The XAG21ZU is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
For improved efficiency, it’s equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System technology. AWS® utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger of the AWS®-equipped XAG17ZU is engaged, the AWS®-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS® is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
Additional features include an electric brake that stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less, and Electronic Torque Control that turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop. The variable speed control dial allows manual RPM adjustment (3,000 – 8,500), allowing the user to match the speed to the application.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Electric Brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS®) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Variable speed control dial allows manual RPM adjustment (3,000-8,500) to match the speed to the application
- Paddle switch with no lock-on for operator convenience
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with paddle switch in the on position
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 15" long
- Weighs only 5.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers